Professional standalone sequencer
Genuine centerpiece of a setup, it offers every tool needed to compose songs in the studio and perform them on stage. From vintage to modern synths, from modular systems to your favorite DAW, Hapax can sequence and synchronize all your gear, while bringing you carefully crafted tools, designed for maximizing creativity.
Up to a million notes and events
16 tracks per project, 8 patterns per track.
Thanks to its dual-processor architecture, Hapax can record and transform tremendous amounts of data in no time, without a hitch.
Hapax is the first hardware sequencer that fully supports MIDI Polyphonic Expression. Record the finest gestures, slides and articulations of your playing, without compromising quality
Hapax can handle two separate and independent projects, that can be played simultaneously. This lets you compose or load an entire project while the first one is already playing, enabling endless sets and seamless transitions.
Hapax offers broad connectivity options for perfect integration in any setup: MIDI Synthesizers or Drum machines, Eurorack systems, Computer Daw, VST, MIDI / USB controllers.
Several ways to write music
Writing a melody: use a polyphonic or MPE track and take advantage of the advanced step sequencer to quickly lay down notes or edit your live recording.
Composing a beat: control up to 8 different instruments with a single track. The drum sequencer is tailored for very easy rhythm writing and jamming.
Bring your synths to life
Hapax embeds multiple real-time, polyphonic, non-destructive midi effects, as well as project-wide assignable LFOs. Each parameter of these effects can be automated in the dedicated mode, and processed in the mod matrix, which provides even more ways of routing and modulating.
Powerful tools for offline note transformation and generation, right at your fingertips. Harmonically invert your motive, generate a controlled-random counter-melody, slowly ramp up the velocities, emphasize every fifth 8th note...
Hit the red button, and record from the encoders and 128 pads of Hapax, external midi instruments (included MPE controllers) or any incoming analog signal, at a high resolution of 192 ppqn. Looper style recording, count-down and metronome options, punch-in mode, you’ll certainly find the options that best suit your workflow.
Each track has an elasticity value which changes its playback speed, expressed in percentage of BPM. Quickly double or halve the speed of a track, or create slightly shifted tracks that will slowly drift out of phase with each other.
Using hardware should never get in the way of creative flow. The undo/redo button lets you go back in time as needed, thanks to its extensive history. Additionally, the snapshot function enables you to save the state of a pattern and recall it with a single press. Together with dedicated copy, paste and delete buttons, Hapax offers a complete toolbox for the prompt editing of your tracks.
For fast and intuitive chord building, the chord live mode brings harmonic capabilities to anyone, with or without deep theoretical knowledge. With its colorful interface, the chord mode displays a synesthetic melding of hearing, vision and touch.
- 128 RGB MATRIX pads
- 52 clic pads
- 9 sturdy clickable encoders
- 2 OLED greyscale displays
- SD card for saving projects
- CPU: dual ARM design
- RAM: 32MiB
- Housing: machined aluminium 2mm
- Housing (back): unibody ABS
- Dual Sequencer (2 Projects)
- 16 tracks per project
- 8 patterns per track
- 2× midi in (DIN + TRS Type A)
- 2× CV in [-5V to +5V] (16bit)
- Stereo pedal (footswitch)
- 4× midi out (3× DIN + TRS Type A)
- 4× CV out [-5V to +5V] (16bit)
- 4× GATE out [+5V]
- Bidirectional I/O
- USB Host (link a controller)
- USB Device (link a computer)
15V, 1.2A, 18W (included)
358 × 206 × 58 mm = 14.1 x 8.1 x 2.3 in
1.855 kg = 2.2 lb
Assembled in our workshop in Montreuil (93), France.
- Dual Project: 16-track × 8-pattern + 16-track × 8-pattern
- Polyrhythms / Polymeters / Phasing
- Track run-modes : reverse, pingpong, random
- rack length: 1 step to 32 bars
- 3 live modes : scales, chords, drum
- Project real-time global scale
- High recording resolution: 192ppqn
- Real Time Midi Effects (Arpeggiator, Chance, Euclid, Harmonizer, Randomizer, Scale, Swing...)
- Live recording with looper & metronome
- Transpose track
- Undo / Redo / Snapshot
- Advanced modMatrix
- Assign 8-pot mode
- 3 step modes: polyphony, drums, MPE
- Algorithmic composition tools
- Quantizer with strength
- Loop points on each track
- Conditional trigs possible on each note + Fill
- Automation editor with interpolator
- Advanced pattern mode
- Song editor mode, based on sections (groups of patterns)t