The Book for Fans of Moog and Modular Synths
PATCH & TWEAK with Moog is the ultimate resource for Moog synthesizer enthusiasts and musicians of all skill levels interested in an immersive modular synthesis experience.
Opening with a foreword from acclaimed film score composer Hans Zimmer, this hardcover book by Kim Bjørn features 200 pages full of synthesizer techniques, creative patch ideas, sound design tips, professional artist interviews, in-depth discussions with Moog engineers, and a glimpse into the company's remarkable history. The book's primary focus is Moog's well-loved line of semi-modular analog synthesizers: Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, and Matriarch.
30 In-Depth Artist & Engineer Interviews
PATCH & TWEAK with Moog brings readers inside the creative minds of composers, producers, and performing artists like Suzanne Ciani, Trent Reznor, Lisa Bella Donna, Paris Strother, Hannes Bieger, Stranger Things composers Michael Stein and Kyle Dixon, and Moog synthesizer co-inventor Herb Deutsch in detailed interviews featuring patching tips and tricks for musicians of all skill levels.
PATCH & TWEAK with Moog Features:
- 100+ patch and sound design tips
- 30+ interviews with artists and makers
- 50+ years beautifully visualized timeline of Moog instruments
- Introduction to modular synthesis concepts
- Specific overviews, tips, and techniques for each Moog semi-modular instrument
- Advanced tips and patches for more advanced modular users
- Tips for integration with external gear and Eurorack modules
- Interviews, patches, and tips from artists and composers
- Insider interviews with Moog engineers and a look into the company's factory in Asheville, North Carolina
- The history of Bob Moog, Moog Music, and the many Moog synthesizers
- Big, colorful, and square: 200 pages, hardcover
PATCH & TWEAK with Moog is the result of more than a year of extensive collaboration between Moog employees, author Kim Bjørn, editor Mike Metlay, electronic music icons, and established and emerging artists.
PATCH & TWEAK with Moog has the same big and square format as our first three books and is also the first in a series with a specific focus. We cut down on the number of pages to create a more affordable, but still immensely interesting entry to our books and passion for electronic music instruments, their makers and masters.